On Monday 18 September 2006 05:26, JeffC wrote:
> Try <ctrl-n> in insert mode.
>
> Mark Chandler wrote:
> > I recently installed vim 7. The only autocomplete I can find it the
> > omnicomplete, using CTRL-X CTRL-O. Is there a way to make
> > auto-completion automatic, and if not, is there a way to change the
> > shortcut so I don't have to hit CTRL-X CTRL-O every time?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

Check out supertab[1], it allows you to use tab for the completion type of
your choice, tab will work as normal when the cursor is not at the end of a
word.

As the options suggestion, just add the following to your .vimrc for tab to
map to omni-completion:
    let g:SuperTabDefaultCompletionType = "<C-X><C-O>"

Regards,
Alex