Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby / zenspider.com> wrote:

> If it is specifically and only for one platform, don't bother making
> the directory structure (or code structure) more complicated.

true, it is only for mac os x.
then i'll leave it as it is, thanxs !

> If it
> is mostly platform agnostic separate that out and have the platform
> specific stuff either split out if it is big, or if not, separated
> with ifdefs (I say that only because even with platform specific
> files, a good portion of those files will be duplicate anyways (think
> includes, declarations, definition skeletons--everything but the meat)).
>
> In other words, do the simplest thing that works, right now, for what
> you actually need... If you need to extend for a second platform
> someday, deal with it then.

that's working actually, in fact, in my "extconf.rb" i do have a test :

case RUBY_PLATFORM
  when /.*darwin.*/   # are you over running Mac OS X 10.+ ?
<snip/>
  else
    puts "This Ruby extension needs MacOS X 10.+"
  end

to alert the user wanting inadvertedly to compile over a box not running
Mac OS X.

--
une bue