Ed Sinjiashvili wrote:

 > Hi,

 > -- Ed Sinjiashvili

Thanks immensely for this code snippet.  I'm quite new to Ruby,
so I probably couldn't have done this, and I certainly wouldn't
have trusted the code when I ran into problems.

class Dir
   def walk (prefix = nil, &walker)
     e = self.entries
     e.delete "."; e.delete ".."

     if prefix
       e.collect! {|x| File.join(prefix, x) }
     end

     if block_given?
       e.each {|x| if File.directory? x then
           Dir.new(x).walk x, &walker
         else
           puts "#{x} is not a directory."
         end
         yield x
       }
     end

     nil

Dir.new(tip_root).walk {|p| puts p }
            # if p =~ /\.([Hh][Tt][Mm]([Ll])?)$/ }

This code simply lists all files in the directory.  Even the
included directories are shown as "is not a directory".  And no
descent into the sub-directories is attempted (naturally).

I am running ruby 1.6.4 (2001-06-04) [i386-cygwin] on a Win95
4.00.950 B computer.  I'd try the more recent version, but it
won't compile on my computer with the current version of cygwin
installed.
--
Charles Hixson

Copy software legally, the GNU way!
Use GNU software, and legally make and share copies of software.
See http://www.gnu.org
     http://www.redhat.com
     http://www.linux-mandrake.com
     http://www.calderasystems.com/