On 06-09-17, at 21:20, Joe Ruby MUDCRAP-CE wrote:

> Francis Cianfrocca wrote:
>> I would stress that strict back-compatibility,
>> even with bugs, is generally the way to go (except for bugs that open
>> security holes)
>
> Big -1 there. BC with bugs? Ixnay.

That would seriously depend on the bug. Some bugs, you know EXACTLY
how they're going to react, and if it's relatively minor, why bother
running the risk of introducing a different, worse bug in the process
of fixing that minor bug? I mean shit, that's just silly. You need to
realize that not all bugs need to be fixed, just as not all injuries
need a doctor.

--
Jeremy Tregunna
jtregunna / blurgle.ca