"Edward" <edward / tanguay.info> writes:

Hi Edward,

> What do you guys use?

I use GNU Emacs with ruby-mode.el, ruby-electric.el and ri-emacs. The
first two files come with ruby itself and provide syntax highlighting,
automatic indentation, abbrevations for common constructs (do ... end,
etc.), debugger integration, integration of irb and some other
goodies. ri-emacs [1] integrates ri into emacs and provides symbol
completion by looking up the ri-documentation. Another facility I use
for completion is Emacs' usual dabbrev-expand.

Another pretty cool thing seems to be irbsh [2], but this doesn't work
for me and it seems to be impossible to contact the author.

Bye,
Tassilo

Footnotes:
[1] http://rubyforge.org/projects/ri-emacs/
[2] http://www.rubyist.net/~rubikitch/computer/irbsh/index.en.html
--
* delYsid has mortgage, opportunity and penis in his score file.
<delYsid> thats pretty effective against spam