On Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at 06:38:31PM +0900, Daniel Harple wrote:
> On Sep 17, 2006, at 11:31 AM, Josef Wolf wrote:

> Not what you want. You want Readline#readline.
>
> $ ruby -rreadline -e 'Readline.readline'

Ah, now I get it!  Thanks Daniel!

BTW: what are readline's parameters?  ri don't seem to know about this
     method.  And the PickAxe don't say anything about the parameters,
     too.

> See Joel VanderWerf's post for a complete example (he includes
> Readline into his class).

I have not tried his example because I assumed the library could not be
loaded.  I was confused by the fact that "require 'readline'" returns
"false".  Isn't require supposed to return "true" if successful?