Redland nodes are immutable so it's not really a problem.  I just have
to make sure that any object that takes possession of or depends on a
node makes a copy for itself.  In practice this is just statements, for
which I have to do this anyway.

I was looking for a more efficient way to provide access to the the
nodes in a statement than copying the underlying datastructure and
rewrapping it on every access.  I think I'll leave it as is for now and
if it becomes a performance problem I can cache the nodes in the object.

Unless of course there's away to mark all RData objects wrapping a
particular pointer :-)

-Justin