On Sep 15, 2006, at 7:20 PM, Bil Kleb wrote:

> Ryan Davis wrote:
>> RubyInline version 3.6.0 has been released!
>
> Most excellent news.  You're quite the fury lately.
> What's up?

Feeling overwhelmed so I'm offloading as much in my queue as fast as
I can. I'm up to 17 projects on rubyforge (not owning all but
contributing as best I can to all) and have several not on rubyforge.
It is starting to affect me because they're all interrelated in ways
that cause tangental work to be near-constant.

>> you can teach how to cope with new languages (fortran, perl,
>> whatever).
>
> I admit: I'm lazy, stupid, and whatever else Larry Wall said
> about programmers.  Can you sketch the steps for teaching
> it Fortran 90?

Absolutely. In fact, I'm open to helping you work on it. I have a
friend who works for the DOE doing nuclear chemistry and he could
benefit from having a real language like ruby but with the maths of
fortran.

> Perhaps it could gestate here:
>
>  http://wiki.rubygarden.org/Ruby/page/show/RubyFortran

I'll update that as soon as I can. The current hints from Eric are
still apropos, if not the line numbers.