Austin Ziegler wrote:
> On 9/15/06, Isaac Gouy <igouy / yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Austin, you've stepped from criticism to personal vendetta.
>
> Not in the least. You demonstrated *then* that you were wholly
> uninterested in being responsible.
>
> > You make abusive comments without any reference to what is actually
> > shown on the shootout website. In a similar tirade, six months ago, you
> > complained about a benchmark that, even then, hadn't been shown in the
> > shootout for at least 6 months.
>
> Not shown?
>
> You *do* prominently link these from the shootout home page.
>
> > Where exactly is that Perl program shown in the current benchmarks?
> > Here's the link http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/gp4/
>
> http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/old/benchmark.php?test=ackermann&lang=perl&id=3

So you couldn't find that Perl program in the current benchmarks.

We do still show "the obsolete 2001 Doug Bagley Benchmarks", and we
*do* prominently label them "the obsolete 2001 Doug Bagley Benchmarks",
and of course they were not referred to by Kevin Tew.

> You may have changed the set of benchmarks.

There's no /may/ - the benchmarks were changed a year ago.

> I'll do some research now
> and see if you've actually cleaned up your methodology. I doubt it,
> but if you have, I'll publicly post an apology. If you haven't, you'll
> clean up your methodology. Otherwise, I'll update my criticisms, but
> you won't get anything positive from me about the shootout.
>
> It will be about two weeks before I can look at this, but I will do so.
>
> Do we have an agreement there?

Of course not.

Your opinion of the shootout "methodology" is no more than your opinion
of the shootout "methodology". When you have up-to-date information,
argue the merits of your opinion.