------art_82345_9494847.1158302422015

Ed, Isaac

hopefully I have not wasted your time, I read your posts with interest, but
that is not what I wanted, or understood.
I *really* should have been clearer, sorry, sorry!

What I want is a Benchmark site for ruby
ruby vs. ruby, ruby only
teaching people how to benchmark code and giving them a good idea what is
fast, what is slow

an example: inject vs. each

Austin pointed out that this is more complicated than one might think, so
what I was interested in and I should have said so (no more posts after
23:00 local time!!!)

* are there problems with rubies benchmark module
* how to use or enhance it correctly
* what OS conditions to we have to assure for fair comparision
* maybe more

Cheers
Robert

--
Deux choses sont infinies : l'univers et la bóŐise humaine ; en ce qui

- Albert Einstein

------art_82345_9494847.1158302422015--