On Wed, 2001-09-19 at 19:25, Yuri Leikind wrote:
> Anyway, this discussion is getting a bit boring, I understand your point .
> What is really cool is that Parrot is alive, and Perl6 is alive,
> and I wish Perl6/Parrot hackers fruitful coding, because it is a
> great thing for all open source dynamic languages, be it Python ,
> Ruby or whatever. I enjoy downloading the source
> and playing with Parrot assembly code and the stuff, watching it develop.

Maybe we can make it a little bit less boring.  Last night, I started
translating the assembler and dissambler into ruby (so far I've done the
Parrot::Opcode module).  I'm writing it all test first, so it is a bit
more verifiable than the current (perl-based) tools.  It would also be
nice to see a ruby-ish little language (a la jarko) -- but I'm quite
sure that I'm not up to writing that.

-pate