Googy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to read some interactive input from keyboard and I am look for
> getch (c equivalent) of method in ruby.

Since you mention "getch()", which is non-standard and only available on the
Windows platform, I have to say there is no equivalent to it in any
portable languages. Another poster recommends manipulating the input stream
on Linux or another Unix, and if you have this option, that is an obvious
way to go, but it isn't portable between platforms.

The is no platform-portable keystroke-by-keystroke input method.

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.arachnoid.com