On Sep 12, 2006, at 2:08 AM, Morton Goldberg wrote:
>> I have to admit that I was struggling a bit when I made the
>> analogy to
>> an'm begging the question more than clarifying anything. Also,
>> such a change might introduce problems that haven't occurred to
>> me. So I'm not proposing an RCR.
>
> Nonetheless, I have sympathy for the OP. The different semantics of
> 'begin ... end' and 'do ... end' _are_ confusing.

There is certainly a syntactic similarity to begin/end and do/end but
why are the semantics of those particular pairs confusing?
Why stop there?  You also have to deal with:  module/end, class/end,
def/end, if/end, case/end.

At some point you just have to realize that different syntactic
blocks have different semantics and then learn the semantics.

Gary Wright