------art_827_9852770.1158067922106

I just posted this to the O'Reilly Ruby
blog<http://www.oreillynet.com/ruby/blog/2006/09/new_ruby_web_site_is_officiall.html>
:

It took 18 months from inception, a lot of hard work from volunteers (and it
almost died a couple times), but the new and completely revamped Ruby web
site <http://www.ruby-lang.org/> is now live (there is also a Japanese
version <http://www.ruby-lang.org/ja/>)!. There is a page on the new web
site that acknowledges the hard work from the primary contributors, you can
find it here<http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/news/2006/09/12/site-launch-at-last/>.

There were many people who made significant contributions towards making the
new Ruby web site a reality, and I don't mean to marginalize their efforts.
But I do think that two people deserve special recognition because without
them the whole effort might have either died or been delayed another year.

I'd like to give special thanks to John Long. John took a couple months out
of his life to work fulltime (without pay) on implementing the design that
had been hammered out in the previous months. During this time John wrote
the Radiant CMS <http://www.radiantcms.org/> (in Ruby on Rails) specifically
for the Ruby web site, and then open sourced the project. If not for John's
willingness to do this, the whole project could easily have died from
neglect.

After John had finished implementing the new Ruby web site, there was still
the unglamorous task of converting all of the content from the old site, and
then rewriting and reorganizing much of it. I want to give special thanks to
James Edward Gray II for stepping up and managing this process (he actually
did a large percentage of the work, as well). Without James, it could easily
have taken another year to get the content in shape.

Please go read the announcement
page<http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/news/2006/09/12/site-launch-at-last/>to
see who else was instrumental in this effort.

Finally, I'd like to thank Yukihiro "Matz" Matsumoto and Shugo Maeda for
having enough faith in us in the beginning to tell us that "if we build it,
they would come"!
Curt

------art_827_9852770.1158067922106--