On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 12:43:37PM +0900, Marc Heiler wrote:
> The same what can be said about Ruby here can also be said about
> Python, even if Python would be a tiny bit faster. However I feel
> that Python - with all its quirks - is "more advanced" in terms of
> being used or accepted in companies.
> The world isn't a monoculture, different qualities (of technologies)
> can coexist for a long time.
>
> The bottleneck for the money part still seems to be the
> sysadmin no matter which language or? =)

More generally, the economic bottleneck tends to be skilled personnel --
sysadmins, developers, et cetera.  That's why increased productivity
(from tools like Ruby, Python, Perl, Lisp, et cetera) and decreased
administrative overhead (from platforms like Linux, Solaris, et cetera)
are so important.  There is, however, a point of diminishing returns,
which is where technologies like .NET, J2EE, and so on are valuable.