On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 10:35:25 -0700, Tim Smith
<reply_in_group / mouse-potato.com> wrote:

> In article <1157858826.220327.171550 / i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
>  "Joseph" <jlhurtado / gmail.com> wrote:
>> INTERESTING FACTS
>>
>> * Not a single significant "safe" Java J2EE in the top 20.
>
> That's the top 20 web sites that users directly visit.  It doesn't
> really give you visibility into what is running on the back end for the
> sites that are included.  Amazon, for example, uses a lot of J2EE.
>
> Worse, it misses sites like the iTunes Music Store completely, which is
> a huge enterprise application.  iTMS is a Webobjects application, so is
> running on J2EE.

On what grounds do you state that Amazon "uses a lot of J2EE" ???

Can you give us a link or something ?

Seeing as they seem to always be looking for web devs with Perl & Mason
skills, I'm just wondering how that fits into your "a lot of J2EE" ...

Looking @ the job ads from Amazon, I see lots of C++, Java & Perl jobs ...
I think they're using a bit of all 3 ( but if you look at the web
developer stuff, seems to be more heavily perl/mason than either of the
others. )

Anyways ... was just wanting to know where you get your information from.

j.