David Vallner said:

> You forget intranets. Internal company webapps have to serve humongous
> amounts of traffic on not really lavish hardware. Listing the Fortune 20
> of websites which indeed CAN afford to "just throw more servers at it"
> tells us precisely nothing at all about technology scalability.

Aha... I would argue this is not true.  Having worked for two large
corporations in the past with over 200,000 employees and huge
Intranets, I can assure you some of the very worst delays, and
website/web application design is behind closed doors of those
Intranets.  And I have yet to find one internal webapp that reaches the
scalability of a public app... but then again, some government intranet
apps might truly be huge and similar to a major website traffic.

David said

> Also, your method of research is laughable.

OK... this is a very aggressive way of making a point isn't it David?
I am tempted to reply, but I will ignore the attack and suggest you
give us a better research method in under 1 hour that works and does
not make me us laugh, and then please do email us the results ; )

Now, don't come back and tell us you need a few thousand dollars, a
month and a research firm to find out anything about this subject, when
something can already be known in under one hour, and that was my
point, to try to shed some light into this subject, and to receive more
information from others who may probably know more than I do.  I
believe the open source movement calls this collaboration, and it
works.

Best Regards,

Jose Hurtado
Web Developer