> To be honest, Tomcat is even by some people who like said unnamed
> language considered a baroque beast. And Apache couldn't write
> documentation to save their lives. You're beating a dead horse in the
> wrong place here.

Hey!  We try to get the docs at least 50% right :) - for bad docs I
point to the poster child #1 hibernate - only way to get even
semi-decent docs is to buy a book

> > Installing and configuring Tomcat is a total pain in the sphincter.

It's really not that bad by itself, but when you add in the large
amount of thirdparty cruft that most Java web-apps require, yes it
becomes a pain.

> I see your Tomcat, and I raise you by Oracle Express Edition on Ubuntu /
> Debian. Which won't even -start up- out of the box when installed from a
> .deb because their preinst and postinst scripts are buggy. Yay IT.

Oracle 10g for linux out of the box will not install - the install
shell files have hard-coded directory names for the engineers pesonal
workstations - you have to edit these shell scripts yourself after
downloading gigabytes of crap (why no cli installer?), and at the end
of your frustrating hell of installation + fixes to Oracle's own code
you get a crappy web interface - even 9i had an application to control
the db (as bad as it was). 10g is a hell of a mess - right now a
decent db with good support could take a fair-sized chunk out of the
Oracle market-share, it's just not going to happen when for not.net
projects it's the de-facto 'enterprise' db. - And all this is on the
Oracle supported platform Redhat enterprise.

> PS: Java trolls. GO HOME!

Ok I'll get me coat...

Kev