Gavin Kistner wrote:
> From: ClassRubyExceptionHandline [mailto:jctown / nb.sympatico.ca]
> > Hi All... I have just downloaded the ruby-1.8.5-i386-mswin32.zip file
> > with the hope that I can use ruby under the Interix 2.2 ksh shell
> > implementation.
>
> I have little of value to add, except that this page:
> http://www.garbagecollect.jp/ruby/mswin32/en/documents/mswin32.html
> implies that mswin32 is not the right build of Ruby you want for
> Interix, but rather an interix-specific build.
>
> The page is 3 years old, and I'd never heard of interix before reading
> your post, so I can't really say where you might get such a precompiled
> beast. I only point it out because the existence of such a build in the
> past makes me think there are good reasons for not wanting|being able to
> use a mswin32 build under interix.

Ok, so I went here
http://www.garbagecollect.jp/ruby/mswin32/en/download/release.html
and tried to find the build for Interix, but I couldn't.  I don't mind
going to cygwin if I have to as long as I can find the right binaries
and instructions on how to use the stuff.  I'm a Unix guy
professionally so I want to see if I can make Ruby work on a Windows
box with a Unix/posix implementation behind it.