On 9/8/06, Henry Savr <hsavr / yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have two problems with my Ruby for Windows (1.8.4):
>
> 1. When I double-click on a file with .rb extention a DOS-like window
> appears and dissapears immediately. I am not able to see results.

Start your program from the shell (cmd/DOS window). Then the window
will not go away, and you'll be able to see the result. I suppose you
did it that way in the next question, so I'm afraid I'm stating the
obvious ;-)

If you want to see the results when doubleclicked the file, add
something that will pause your program at the end (e.g. gets, sleep)
or write your result to a file.

And in case you'd not want to see even the DOS window, rename your
file to .rbw ;-)