--yIMHf/Pa6CzSkARF

* Eric Torreborre (etorreborre / yahoo.com) wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>=20
> I take it that the windows masses are not concerned,...

Any problems on Windows are a direct result of sloth and incompetence on
my part, rather than intentional malice.  I haven't done much console
development on Windows, and I don't have easy access to a Windows
machine for testing.

> I have tried wirble on my windows laptop:
>=20
> -the gem install doesn't work

The URL in the original email was wrong and the gem had an accidental
dependency on Rubilicious.  I've fixed the latter and regenerated the
former.  Here's the URL:

  http://pablotron.org/files/gems/wirble-0.1.2.gem
  http://pablotron.org/files/gems/wirble-0.1.2.gem.asc

(Note: This version doesn't address the two issues you have below)

> -the Object.ri sample brings an exec error
>=20
> >> Object.ri 'object_h'
> Errno::ENOEXEC: Exec format error - ri 'object_h'
>         from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/wirble.rb:465:in ``'
>         from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/wirble.rb:465:in `ri'
>         from (irb):1

Hi, it should be one of the following forms:

  ri 'Object#object_id'
  ri Object.ri 'object_id'

It should definitely have a more graceful error message.  I'll add that
to my list of stuff to fix.

> -the coloring alters the output line
> >> p "hee"
> "hee"
> =3D> ???[0;32mnil???[0;0m
>=20
> -The persistent history works! Yes!

One out of three ain't bad! :)

> I am not used to the internals of the windows console. Do you think it
> is possible to have wirble working on both Unix and Windows
> plateforms?

I'm not familiar with the Windows console either.  I'll follow up on
some of the other URLs in this thread and see what I can find out.

--=20
Paul Duncan <pabs / pablotron.org>        pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
http://www.pablotron.org/               OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562

--yIMHf/Pa6CzSkARF