Edward wrote:

> How do most of your develop non-rails ruby webs locally?
> (I'll get into rails later, I want to get the basics of Ruby down
> first.)
> Is debugging possible?

I believe that you may be interested in http://www.nitroproject.org/
and why's http://redhanded.hobix.com/bits/campingAMicroframework.html.
Both of which are "lighter" than rails and may be what you are looking
for.

Nitro offers a very fast startup and has cool videos that I found very
impr*ssive.

why's camping framework is all there on one page and is quite the
learning experience if you parse through it.  It is one of the best
examples on how Ruby can express so much out of so little (and the site
is worth the visit just for the jokes alone)..

Hope this helps

p.s. The spam filter blocked me on impr*ssive, please replace the "*"
with an "e" for your reading pleasure.. :)

ilan