Dark Ambient wrote:
> Sorry, but googling doesn't seem to be leading me anywhere.  I have a
> number o Ruby examples from books that demonstrate things using the
> Unix ps command for system status.  Can someone please tell me what is
> the equivalent call in the Windows environment ?
>
> TIA
> Stuart

I've seen some of the responses to this post, and I'm really curious.
Which books use examples that require "ps", and could you give some
examples of the use of "ps" in a Ruby script/program?

The reason I bring this up is that there are some times when doing "ps"
in a script is a very bad idea. Textbook examples that are OS-dependent
don't impress me all that much, either, outside of the obligatory "how
to get up and running on Windows, Linux, MacOS and Solaris" chapters.