Paul Lutus wrote:
> I'm making an assumption here, that you want to find a winning pattern.
I want to calculate several things (at different times), including
whether a player has two in a row, and whether a player has two blank
squares that will win the game (two pairs in a row that require
different squares to be completed).
Since that's a total of six functions, I figured combining rows & cols
into one function would be the simplest way to reduce the total amount
of code.

> def find_winner(array)
>    w = test_rows(array) \
>        || test_rows(array.transpose) \
>        || test_diagonals(array)

This looks like the simplest way to do it.  The only concern I would
have with this solution is performance in searching a whole tree of
possible future grids.

--
Yet another Dan