I am yet again pleased to announce another release of Nebular Gauntlet. It is a quick release, but there are many new features and fixes including a new map (sp_planets) and new images for several entities. You can check out the new screenshots at http://www.nebulargauntlet.org/trac/ng/wiki/Screenshots/0.3.
Also, I am looking for someone to help out with the network programming for the game in the future. I have tried to learn, but I am not very experienced and I would love it if someone who is more experienced could just help out and look over my code and give some pointers.

Thanks,
Steven Davidovitz

===================================
Nebular Gauntlet v0.3 Release Notes
===================================

== What is Nebular Gauntlet? ==
Nebular Gauntlet is a 2D, top-down, asteroids inspired space shooter that hopes
to show that Ruby really is a wonderful language for every application.

== Changes? ==
*Ship choosing for Single player games, configured in data/ships.yaml
*Health/Shield Attributes of Player Ship
*Powerups - Health, Shield, Strength
*New map - Planets
*New font for Menu system
*New layout for maps directory sp_ prefix for single player, mp_ for multiplayer
*Small fixes and cleanups

== Dependencies ==
Ruby/SDL
EventMachine => 0.5.4 (Not yet released, Multiplayer is unplayable)
*Optional:
Daemons for server_control.rb
QtRuby 1.4.6 for Map Editor

== Links: ==
Homepage: http://nebulargauntlet.org
Trac: http://nebulargauntlet.org/trac/ng
Download: http://rubyforge.org/projects/nebulargauntlet

== License ==
Nebular Gauntlet is licensed under the GPL v2.

== Copyright ==
(c) 2006 Steven Davidovitz