On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, NAKAMURA, Hiroshi wrote:

> > Nonetheless, it (SOAP) does not seem adequate for my needs:
> >  1) Language/implementation specific metadata in datafile (still lots of
> > type attribs)
>
> What is datafile here?

The result when I serialize an object to file/string/IO.

> > a) xdad.id != xson.father.id
>
> Try;
>   a = []; p a.id
>   b = Marshal.load( Marshal.dump( a )); p b.id
> Original object and unmarshalled object is not the same thing
> in Ruby.  I think it reasonable.

Yes, I'm aware of that. But the comparasion is of two object that both
come out of the unmarshalling. (Both the array and the xson object should
have the same reference to a single xdad object, but there are two
different fathers created by unmarshalling.)

> > b) xdad.type != dad.type
>
> This might helps you;
>   class Person; include SOAP::Marshallable
>     attr_accessor :father
>   end

Thanx, braindead mistake of mine :-)

> Anyway, why don't you try to build your own version?
> Welcome to Ruby object-XML serialization world.

I'll try to revive (or should that be quicken?) my ROXS project again, if
time permits.

Thanx to everyone for the feedback.

--
<[ Kent Dahl ]>================<[ http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~kentda/ ]>