Hi Chris,

Coincidentally, I am also a Ruby Newbie, and just found out about
WIN32OLE.  So far, the documentation I've found is very spare.  One
trick I did learn in combing through the web was to use your system to
print out the methods available for the various applications:

require 'win32ole'

# Win32OLE Variables
excel    = WIN32OLE.new('Excel.Application')
word     = WIN32OLE.new('Word.Application')

puts excel.methods
puts "\n\n"
puts excel.ole_methods

puts word.methods
puts "\n\n"
puts word.ole_methods
puts "\n\n"
puts word.Documents.ole_methods

This gave me at least a start.  You might also want to look at the help
file that is available on Office Automation at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302460/.

If anyone else has any information on Office Automation, and
specifically how it fits into Win32OLE, I'd really appreciate it - what
I'd really like to have is a "canonical" list of all methods for each
available Office module.  But I haven't found anything close to that
yet.

James