On 9/6/06, Berger, Daniel <Daniel.Berger / qwest.com> wrote:
> Indeed.  This is why all paths generated using the pathname2 package
> convert all forward slashes to backslashes.  Also, the various PathXXX
> functions do NOT work with forward slashes.

Inasmuch as is possible, where Ruby provides these, it should hide
this distinction. I would hate to have to enter \\ every time I wanted
to put two files together. (It would also increase the mismatch
between Ruby Windows and everywhere else, so the more we can hide that
the more portable we make Ruby.)

-austin
               * austin / zieglers.ca