On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> In message "[ruby-talk:21302] Re: nested require files need path internally"
>     on 01/09/18, Bob Gustafson <bobgus / mcs.com> writes:
>
> |However, this default file lookup ordering seems to be the reverse of what
> |is expected from other languages. A surprise !!  At least for me.
>
> Too much priority for current directory in the load path sometimes
> causes serious security hole.  Perl's load path is in this order too.

Should be this way, but I think it would be nice to have a way, similar of
C/C++, to express whether you intend to require a local file or a globally
installed file. This way, you won't be caught even if you accidentally
name a local file the same as a system library, or if a system admin
installs a library which uses the name of one of your files.

C/C++                   Ruby
#include <file.h>       require "file.rb"
#include "file.rb"      ?

--
Lars Christensen, larsch / cs.auc.dk