On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 06:30:10AM +0900, James Britt wrote:
> Aaron Patterson wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I would like to announce that my Mechpricot pie is done baking and is
> >ready to eat.  The main feature of this release is that Mechanize uses
> >Hpricot as its internal HTML parser and that you can now treat a page
> >object returned from mechanize as an Hpricot object.  This makes screen
> >scraping using mechanize much easier.
>
> Currently, I use mechanize to grab nodes based on a watch list.  These
> are REXML Element nodes, and code that works with them expects the REXML
> API.
>
> Has this changed?

Yes.  You will get back Hpricot nodes in 0.6.0.  I plan on having a pluggable
parser in 0.6.1 that will return REXML nodes for you.  Hpricot seems to
support some methods similar to REXML, so depending on how complicated your
logic is, you may be able to use Hpricot just fine.  Otherwise, don't
upgrade until 0.6.1.

--Aaron