On 9/6/06, Berger, Daniel <Daniel.Berger / qwest.com> wrote:

> Indeed.  This is why all paths generated using the pathname2 package
> convert all forward slashes to backslashes.  Also, the various PathXXX
> functions do NOT work with forward slashes.

If only Gary Kildall had not decided to use / instead of - for
parameter markers in CP/M, so that it wasn't taken when directories
were added. I'm pretty sure that he's the one to blame, or did it come
from one of the DEC operating systems he used as a model for the
'shell?'

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby