On Mon, 2001-09-17 at 06:41, Michal Rokos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Neil Conway <nconway / klamath.dyndns.org> wrote:
> > *IF* he is in fact no longer maintaining it, I would like to step up to
> > maintain it. Is that a problem for anyone? I would be interested in
> > maintaining the whole Ruby-GNOME package (i.e. ruby-gtk, ruby-gnome,
> > ruby-gdkimlib, ruby-gdkpixbuf).
>
> 	How about to fork project or start from the scatch work on Gnome
> 	2.0 libraries?

Yep, definately (not the 'fork the project' part -- but bindings for the
GNOME 2 libraries would be very cool, and something I'd love to tackle
if I can find the time).

There actually already exists an experimental rewrite of the Ruby-GTK
package -- instead of being writteb by hand in C, 95% of the code is
generated automatically. It's a very cool system. I'm still trying to
grok all of it, but I think that it is really the better way to wrap the
toolkit. My current plan is to finish the experimental prototype so that
it has equivalent functionality to the stable Ruby-GTK release, and then
start on adapting it to GTK 2.0 and adding bindings for various GNOME
libraries.

Cheers,

Neil