On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Ryan Tarpine wrote:
> In the October issue of PC Magazine, in his Inside Track column John C.
> Dvorak writes:
>
> Hot Language Dept.:  If you want to witness an interesting groundswell of
> adoption that has been rivaled only by the self-publicating publicity of
> Java a few years ago,

Is 'publicating' a word?

> I've heard comments recently that we should not try to gain too much
> publicity since the language is still young.  Any comments on the positives
> and/or negatives of such an exposure as this?

Bah.  Good publicity is good publicity.  It's silly to worry about 'bad
timing' this and 'too much publicity' when so few people have yet even
heard of Ruby.  Marketing spin is for when people are listening.

This article is good news; I just wish Dvorak didn't invent words.

> --
> self.instance_of? RyanTarpine     # => true

*snicker*