In the October issue of PC Magazine, in his Inside Track column John C.
Dvorak writes:

Hot Language Dept.:  If you want to witness an interesting groundswell of
adoption that has been rivaled only by the self-publicating publicity of
Java a few years ago, look no further than an emerging object-oriented
scripting language called Ruby.  Developed in Japan, this language is as
easy to learn as old-fashioned BASIC and is expected to challenge PERL as
the language of choice for programming servers to do cool things.
....Info about O'Reilly's book...
Start with www.ruby-lang.org.  Described by some as a cross between
Smalltalk and C++, Ruby has IBMers jumping on the bandwagon -- especially
the Linux mavens.  Oh, and the best part:  It's free.

I've heard comments recently that we should not try to gain too much
publicity since the language is still young.  Any comments on the positives
and/or negatives of such an exposure as this?

--
self.instance_of? RyanTarpine     # => true