As luck would have it, I just posted v1.3 of Enumerable Tools on the RAA,
which now has some tree stuff. It's at
    http://redshift.sourceforge.net/enum/

It may not be what you're looking for, but take a look at tree.html. It
describes tree.rb, which has some methods for iterating depth-first or
breadth-first over a collection of objects that have some tree structure (or
directed acyclic graph structure).

This isn't a Tree class, or an optimization like red-black trees or anything
like that, just two ways of making a tree into an Enumerable thingy. It's
fairly flexible in working with different ways of defining the children of a
node.

HTH

"Phil Mitchell" <phil.$DELETEmitchell / pobox.com> wrote in message
news:1103_1000692909 / dread...
> Aside from Yoki Toshinori's binary tree lib, does anyone have native ruby
code for trees? Specifically, I need rooted,