--nextPart1635671.oIeb6fGrQQ

quoth the Austin Ziegler:
> On 9/5/06, darren kirby <bulliver / badcomputer.org> wrote:
> > I have been wondering, is there a no-op in Ruby? Then you could do like
> > in Python:
> >
> > while 1: pass
>
> nil while true

Cool, thanks.

I've just realized you don't even need the 'nil' to flesh out some
syntactically valid functions/methods/case statements that do nothing:

irb(main):005:0> def foobar
irb(main):006:1> end
=> nil

irb(main):010:0> x = 1
irb(main):011:0> if x == 2
irb(main):012:1>   puts "Two!"
irb(main):013:1> elsif x == 1 # do nothing
irb(main):014:1> else
irb(main):015:1*   puts "Not 1 or 2"
irb(main):016:1> end
=> nil

technically they return nil but that is incidental...

> -austin

-d