On Sep 5, 2006, at 7:32 PM, Dave Howell wrote:

>> Prefixes still wouldn't have helped your problem, unless you
>> wanted to prefix every method call, which is I think we can agree
>> ridiculous.
>
> Hmm. I've somehow not found that ridiculous in the case of
> Macintosh OSX/Cocoa et al., where just about every imaginable
> object begins with NS (for NextStep, as it happens). I collect
> NSEvents from my NSWindow with its NSView with an NSTextField that
> gives me an NSString. That's really worked pretty well for me so far.

I said prefix every method. Every Cocoa/NextSTEP method is not
prefixed with NS. You don't say [@"one.two.three"
NScomponentsSeparatedByString:@"."] you say [@"one.two.three"
componentsSeparatedByString: @"."]. Maybe I over-generalized when I
said we could agree that it was ridicolous, but NextSTEP / Cocoa is
not an example of prefixing every method call.