Morton Goldberg wrote:
> On Sep 5, 2006, at 12:50 PM, Josef Wolf wrote:
>
>> Yes, but for me, this looks more like a man page than a tutorial. ;-)
>
> A man page with sample code and a picture of the result? That's
> hardly your typical Unix man page :)
>
>>> Altogether I think this the [incr Widgets] are pretty well
>>> documented. I could wish Ruby/Tk were so well documented.
>>
>> Well, the iwidgets are documented for tcl.  tcl documentation for Tk
>> is available, too. ;-)
>
> I refer to it regularly. I could wish Ruby/Tk were so well documented :)
>
>>> I am new to both Ruby and Tk -- I have just started exploring, so I
>>> don't have much to offer. All I have done (and only for a two of the
>>> [incr Widgets]) is translate the web site's example code into Ruby/Tk
>>> and probably not very elegantly. With that disclaimer in mind, do you
>>> still want me to post my code?
>>
>> We could try to reduce the documentation-vacuum by collecting some
>> examples how to use them.  The examples need not be perfect from the
>> beginning.  I bet many readers from this list would happily help
>> improving the code :-)
>
> OK, I'll post and we'll see how it goes. I'll post each example in a
> new thread. I think that would be best.
>
> Regards, Morton

Hey all,

I've been doing a LOT of Ruby/TK development lately using a combination
of the builtin widgets and Tile. I was considering contributing back
some documentation and I'd be interested in helping out.

And, Hidetoshi NAGAI: I think I have found some bugs in the Tile
bindings. Are you still the Ruby/Tk maintainer? I have monkey-patched my
code, but I should probably submit the fixes to *someone*...

Andrew - sorry for using ruby-forum (I'm lazy)