On Aug 31, 2006, at 18:54, Logan Capaldo wrote:

> On Aug 31, 2006, at 9:41 PM, Hemant . wrote:
>
>> Why not, if rails would have been coded to have proper prefixes in the
>> classes/modules, I would have avoided that trouble?
>>

> class RailsPrefixActiveRecord
>   def hello
>     ... does something useful ...
>   end
> end
>
> class YourClass < RailsPrefixActiveRecord
>   belongs_to :hello
> end
>
> Do you see the issue now?

<raise hand> Um, I don't. Since he said "prefixes IN the
classes/modules" and not "prefixes OF the classes/modules", I would
expect something like

> class RRActiveRecord
>   def rrhello
>     ... does something useful ...
>   end
> end

Yes? No? On the other hand, I have no idea what "belongs_to" does, so
maybe that's why this doesn't make any sense to me...

> Prefixes still wouldn't have helped your problem, unless you wanted to
> prefix every method call, which is I think we can agree ridiculous.

Hmm. I've somehow not found that ridiculous in the case of Macintosh
OSX/Cocoa et al., where just about every imaginable object begins with
NS (for NextStep, as it happens). I collect NSEvents from my NSWindow
with its NSView with an NSTextField that gives me an NSString. That's
really worked pretty well for me so far.