On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 12:38:13AM +0900, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

> At one time, SoftWarehouse, creators of Derive and now part of Texas
> Instruments, sold a DOS Lisp that fit in 640K. :) For all I know, the
> latest versions of Windows Derive may still be built on top of it. :)

Was that a standards-complete ANSI Common Lisp implementation?  If so,
that's pretty impressive.

Actually, it's impressive anyway, by today's standards of language
design and implementation -- though no more than I'd expect from a
language as venerable as Lisp, if it's not the current (relatively) huge
language Common Lisp.

Ben Franklin: "As we enjoy great Advantages from the Inventions of
others we should be glad of an Opportunity to serve others by any
Invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously."