On 9/5/06, Phrogz <gavin / refinery.com> wrote:
> Where does the third fit into the equation?
>
> I browse ruby-talk via the comp.lang.ruby group on Google Groups.
> Barring gateway troubles, I think I see posts by everyone on the
> mailing list. When I post via comp.lang.ruby, I see my posts being
> archived in the ruby-talk archive, appearing in ruby-talk-google, and
> being responded to by those I know use the mailing list.
>
> So it looks to me like ruby-talk and comp.lang.ruby are syncing well
> (on the whole).

Hmmmm.  I wasn't aware of the connection between ruby-talk and comp.lang.ruby

Is that why posts appear here whose authors seem oblivious to the
ruby-talk audience?  If a posting is cross-posted to comp.lang.ruby
and other groups like comp.lang.python, or comp.lang.c++ is that
information stripped out by whatever gateway links ruby-talk and
comp.lang.ruby?

Just curious.
--
Rick DeNatale