On 9/5/06, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb / cesmail.net> wrote:

> At one time, SoftWarehouse, creators of Derive and now part of Texas
> Instruments, sold a DOS Lisp that fit in 640K. :) For all I know, the
> latest versions of Windows Derive may still be built on top of it. :)

Back in the days of, say, lisp 1.5, there weren't many computers that
had as much as 650K.

My university mainframe was an IBM/360 Model 65 which was about the
largest general purpose machine IBM made back then (there were a few
other models of the 360 family which were the supercomputers of the
day).

That machine had 740K of main memory, and it was 3rd party hardware,
and they had to re-wire the machine to put in extra address lines when
they installed it.

And this was in the mid-70s

--
Rick DeNatale