Yukihiro Matsumoto writes:
> Hi,

matz, I will send following questions as reply to your reply to my
email onto the list, as I guess it could be interesting for others
also. I hope it is ok for you!

> In message "New filelock-0.2.tar.gz in in.coming (II)"
>     on 00/03/23, Clemens Hintze <c.hintze / gmx.net> writes:

> |contrib/filelock-0.2.tar.gz?
>
> OK, done.

Thank you very much. BTW: normally how often will you regulary check
in.coming? Or will you be informed automatically after arrival? Or is
informing you by email the preferred way?

> |BTW: In README.EXT it is stated that MANIFEST is necessary for the
> |compilation process. But it has worked for me without that file. So I
> |have considered to late, that this file has to be added.
>
> It's checked by the extmk.rb for the directory under ./ext.
> It's not required by compilation process done by mkmf.

TRAPPED! I had to install an own extension via putting it under
./ext. But it didn't work, as I understand now, because I had no
MANIFEST file. But I could install it via mkmf.rb. I had not asked
because I had a workaround, and normally I use mkmf.rb to install my
extensions anyway!

Now it is clear for me, thanks.

> 							matz.

\cle

--
Clemens Hintze  mailto: c.hintze / gmx.net