Tobin Baker wrote:
> Are there any Ruby analogs of these two Python modules (xml_pickle,
> xml_objectify)?  Couldn't find anything on the RAA.

On a related topic, which I may have mentioned before:

I've never been too keen on the format provided by xml_pickle and
xmarshal due to:

 1) its lack of language transparancy (i.e.: Top-level element ==
<RubyObject>)
 2) the explicit conversion metadata in the datafile itself ( i.e.:
type="Integer" )

I fell hugely inlove with the early versions of this framework for Java:
	http://quickutil.sourceforge.net/view/Main/JXQuick

What I wish Santa will bring me for Christmas is an XML marshalling
extension that uses an XML Schema file augmented with attributes and
elements giving Ruby object connectivity details. Basically something
similar to JXQuick, but for Ruby and more ties toward the XML Schema
format.

This would move the language dependancies and conversion metadata out
from the datafile into the schema file. (The highly dynamic nature of
Ruby could even allow us to put the marshalling/pickling/serialization
code in the schema file!)

If anyone is working on something like this, would like to work on
someting like this or simply wants it as bad as me, please let me know,
as I'd like to help.

--
<[ Kent Dahl ]>================<[ http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~kentda/ ]>
  )____(stud.techn.;ind.шл.data)||(softwareDeveloper.at(Trustix))_(