On 9/5/06, Paul Lutus <nospam / nosite.zzz> wrote:> Joachim (Mnchen) wrote:>> / ...>> > Is there no simpler solution than running irb and GUI as separate> > processes,> > with lots of interprocess communication?>> Well, the answer depends on what kinds of commands you want to run. Again,> will Kernel::eval produce the desired outputs? I ask because running irb> and feeding it commands may be a bit tricky.
Well, I guess Kernel::eval is not useful for user input.
However, if the commands are well specified (as opposed to 'doanything to any of the application objects') one could possibly useeither readline command prompt or gui buttons to issue the commands.
Thanks
Michal