Joachim (Mnchen) wrote:

/ ...

> Is there no simpler solution than running irb and GUI as separate
> processes,
> with lots of interprocess communication?

Well, the answer depends on what kinds of commands you want to run. Again,
will Kernel::eval produce the desired outputs? I ask because running irb
and feeding it commands may be a bit tricky.

Using Kernel::eval, you could pose and get rather sophisticated results with
single calls and responses, thus simplifying the required interaction.
Another approach is to create a Ruby script on the fly, execute it and
capture the output.

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.arachnoid.com