Chad Perrin wrote:
> As someone with a combination of college, trade school, on-the-job, and
> purely autodidactic education, with several certifications of my own, my
> experience is that all certificiations really prove is A) a certain
> minimum standard of test-taking competence that can be sized up within
> five minutes of meeting someone anyway and B) a certain amount of money
> invested in professional advancement.
They also prove that you can learn and carry out a learning task to
completion. They also provide HR and the hiring manager with an
objective way of ruling out unqualified candidates. If I post a network
engineer position and get 100 applications, ten of whom have completed
their certification, that's 90 resumes I can throw in the trash.