Daniel Berger wrote:
> Bon Sid wrote:
>> Hi
>> Cut/Copy the example into the RDE i get the follewing error,
>>
>> c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/i386-mswin32/narray.so: no such file to load --
>> narray_ext.rb (LoadError)
>> 	from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
>> `require'
>> 	from C:/Documents and Settings/Boz/Desktop/mand.rb:1
>> Completed(1)
>
> It seems that the narray package also comes with some pure Ruby libs as
> well.  You'll need to download the tarball and install those.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dan

Thanks Dan!

Indeed there were two lib files with the narray tarball which i copied
into
c:\ruby\lib\ruby\1.8, now running the previous mandelbrot code seems to
work!

Now that i read the previous error message again i see that in hindsight
my eyes read "narray.so: no such file to load --" and stopped there,
thinking thats crazy, of course it read "no such file to load
--narray_ext.rb" , my mistake :)

Do you have any idea on how to display this output as an image, and is
there a chance you know how to do FFT's ? I've downloaded
http://www.ir.isas.ac.jp/~masa/ruby/dist/ruby-fftw3-0.1.0.tar.gz , but
i'm lost right about there, i guess i need to download the source from
fftw.org and then do some kind of magic with MSVC++6 where i end up with
fftw.so or somesuch?

I basically just want to do something like, image(abs(fft(data))) , is
this too much to ask at this stage of Ruby windows one-click version?
All this compiling of libs has me stumped a little, and about the only C
i do is when i write MEX files in Matlab.

thanks once again