Chad Perrin wrote:
>>> You need to tighten off Unix-based servers too. Heck, there are even
>>> serious and expensive firewalls for Linux around too, because not
>>> everyone has an in-house iptables guru.
>> But everybody *should* have a *certified* Cisco engineer if they use
>> Cisco routers, for example. It's one of the costs of doing business.
>
> Frankly, iptables is easier to learn effectively than most proprietary
> firewalls -- and then there's stuff like IPCop, which makes things even
> easier.

When there are certified iptables engineers, I'll trust my business to
them. Until then, I'm sticking with Cisco and certified Cisco engineers.
When you post a job application for a sysadmin position, you're going to
get at least ten times as many applicants as you need, so you can afford
to *insist* that they be certified by Cisco, Microsoft or Red Hat as
appropriate.