On Saturday 15 September 2001 03:19 pm, Johann Hibschman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a good primer anywhere for embedding Ruby?  The only document
> I've found is README.EXT, which is more targetted to extensions than
> embeddings.

You might like to look at the Vim code for embedding Ruby. Actually, looking
at the code for embedding more or less the same functionality in several
languages is interesting:

$ wc if_*
     93     277    1845 if_perlsfio.c
   1122    2854   26304 if_perl.xs
   2623    7413   61998 if_python.c
    840    2201   22425 if_ruby.c
   2106    5821   48574 if_tcl.c

So we see that Perl is at 1217 lines, Python is at 2623, Tcl is at 2106, and
Ruby is at 840. Of course, the Perl .xs file gets expanded into much larger C
code.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA